What we collect
We may collect personal information from our website and from other communications, such as emails. We may collect the following information:
- name and job title
- contact information including mailing and email addresses and telephone and fax numbers
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences an interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
- any other information you volunteer to provide to us
- information that we receive or obtain from other sources
- your domain name and IP address, operating system, browser, version and the website that you visited prior to our site. We may do this by way of a cookie (for more information about cookies see below).
What we do with the information we gather
When you provide information to us or we obtain information about you we will store this data and hold it on our computers or in hard copy form.
We may use such information for the following purposes:
- internal record keeping
- to monitor and improve our website and any products and/or services we may provide
- to send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting
- to contact you (by email, telephone, mail or otherwise) for market research purposes or to send surveys to you
- to contact you (by email, telephone, mail or otherwise) in relation to any competitions we may run on our website
- to customise the website according to your interests.
We may give information about you (on the understanding that such information will be kept confidential) to employees and agents (including third parties who distribute prizes for the competitions we run on our website) of Creative Boom.
We may disclose information you provide to us or which we obtain about you:
- to any law enforcement agency requesting it in connection with the commission of a criminal offence, if we are reasonably satisfied as to the circumstances surrounding the request
- to comply with any applicable laws
- to protect other users of our website and ourselves
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you do not wish to receive promotional emails or surveys or be contacted for market research or prize distribution purposes you can opt-out by notifying us at any time by email at email@example.com
A cookie is a piece of data that a website can send to your browser, which may then store it on your computer's hard drive. Cookies let us know which pages are being viewed on our website and let us determine how frequently these pages are visited, we also gather information about the geographical location of our site visitors. This helps us improve our website and tailor it to our users needs. We use Google Analytics for this purpose - which sends several cookies to your browser - with the following names: __utma, __utmb, __utmc, __utmz
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This will not prevent you from browsing the Creative Boom site, but will prevent you from logging into your Creative Boom account.
Links to other websites
Sale of business
If our business is sold or integrated with another business, your details may be disclosed to our advisors and any prospective purchaser’s advisers and will be passed on to any new owners of the business.
We have put in place various security procedures to minimise the risk of unauthorised access or disclosure and to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. However, the internet is not a secure medium and we cannot guarantee the security of any data you disclose on line. You accept the risks of providing information and dealing on line over the internet and will not hold us responsible for any breach of security unless such breach is due to our negligence or wilful default.
We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
Your rights to access personal information
You have the right, under the Data Protection Act 1998, to receive information about the personal information which we hold about you upon making a written request and payment of a fee, which covers our administration costs in providing such information. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to us at Creative Boom Ltd, Office 135, 111 Piccadilly, Manchester, M1 2HX. If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please contact us via email firstname.lastname@example.org or write to Creative Boom Ltd, Office 135, 111 Piccadilly, Manchester, M1 2HX.